Garmin introduced the GPS technology for the various devices to log back. The GPS system can help in Solution to determine the position and time. The devices of Garmin provide the best navigational features and services to its users. The devices are easy to use, smart and are based on the latest technology.
- Also, the devices contain a lot of advanced features.
- The updates to the software are provided by the firm in a regular time period as per the changes made in the maps.
- This is why it is important to download the changed and updated maps and software for the devices.
To download the Garmin map updates, it is important that users have the Garmin Express software installed on the computer. Garmin Express generally works smoothly with the computers but sometimes it may face some technical glitches. Read the article completely to know about how you can get rid of the problems when the C.
What are the system requirements for Garmin Express
Garmin Express requires specific system requirements for its operation. Check you device manager if the prerequisites are there in your system or not:
- High speed of internet connectivity
- Disk space more than 20 GB as free
- Display resolution 1024 x 768
- RAM at least 1 GB
For Mac users:
- High speed internet connectivity
- 20 Gb or more disk space
- 1 GB RAM
- Display resolution of 1024×768
Update of Garmin Express
It is important that the Garmin Express is properly updated from time to time for proper working. A User must check new software updates. To check about the latest version installed on the device, users have to visit the official website of Garmin and check if there is any update available or not. If there is no update, in that case, you have to look for the other problems. For the second situation, it is important that you first make changes to the software and then troubleshoot the problems.
What steps to follow if Garmin Express is not working?
When Garmin Express is not working, then here are some of the techniques and methods that will help you out:
- Give Garmin Express permission to run as an administrator. Restart the computer to ensure that the changes are implemented or not.
- Change the program location and it has proved to be quite helpful for the users regardless of how illogical it sounds.
- Try to uninstall the program first and then reinstall the program
Solution for the issue of Garmin Express not working
- Windows upgrade– There are chances that the Garmin doesn’t work with the windows upgrade to windows 10. To overcome this problem, run the software in device compatibility mode. Go to the troubleshooting option and click on it. Choose the program compatibility mode and then follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter. The issues will be detected and these can be then fixed as the way they are mentioned.
- If there is still any problem with the Garmin Express, then switch to the compatibility mode. This can be done by simply downloading the Garmin desktop software. Go to the setup file and right click on it. Click on the properties option and then choose the compatibility mode in the newly opened window. Wait for the processing to complete and then tap on the run program in compatibility mode.
Solution for Garmin Express not working on windows 8.1
Here is what you should do if it is not working for the windows 8.1:
- Try the DISM command first with your system. Run the command prompt as administrator and follow the instructions for the commands. Once it is done then close the window and check if you are facing the problems or not. If yes, then jump to the next step.
- Try the clean boot process for windows 8 or higher. Run the windows and type msconfig. Tap on the start option and go to load startup and disable the option. Now go to the services tab and checkbox the option of hiding the available services of Microsoft. Disable all of them. Now again go to the tab startup followed by opening the task manager. Go to each startup item and right tap on them. Disable every item and in the end, restart the system.
We hope that these steps will help you to get the problem resolved. If still, you are facing the problems with Garmin Express working in windows 10. This could be because of the .NET framework and for this, you might try to delete the configuration file. Also, one can try to deactivate the .NET 4.6 windows component. Even after all these practices you are not able to get any solution, then feel free to get in touch with the Garmin customer support.