Garmin Nuvi is the device that makes it easier for the drivers to make the right navigation. Over the passage of time, Garmin has updated its technology as well for providing the users with the best of experience ever. Garmin is a device that makes use of the voice commands to provide the directions. Some of the Nuvi devices can also play audio files like the MP3 sounds that are stored on the memory card of the device. Though this facility is not available with all the models of Nuvi. Garmin Nuvi updates are also installed by the users from time to time so that the users can have the latest map information.
- Garmin is a device that tells about the routes in the country and can get faulty at some times with the sounds.
- There can be various reasons for this. One of the possible reasons is that the Garmin device is not updated.
- This also creates problems with the sound system of the device. Another thing could be the wrong volume setting of the device.
- Whatever be the reason, Garmin with no sound is not that much efficient as it should be for the users.
Let us get to know how this Garmin nuvi troubleshoot problem can be solved:
As the Garmin devices make use of the voice as well, there can be chances of a problem with the volume level. It is possible that the volume is left mute or on or there can be chances that there are wrong directions provided by the device.
If this is the case, then here is the complete article that helps you to troubleshoot the Garmin Nuvi with no sound. Before you start with the problem of volume, here is what you can do:
- Update the Garmin Nuvi by opening the web updater. In case if you do not have the web updater, then you can download it from the official website of Garmin.
- On the computer, launch the Garmin updater and connect the Nuvi device to the computer via USB cable.
- The software will in itself locate the device and update all the files that need to be updated.
Now once you have updated the device, then you can begin with the troubleshooting as well.
Here is what you have to do step by step:
- Start with turning the volume up with the help of Garmin Nuvi. Click on the volume button on the home screen and use the slider to raise the volume.
- Next is to unmute the Garmin Nuvi. To do this, touch on the volume icon on the home screen and uncheck the mute button that is marked check.
- In the next step check if the voice is not faulty. This means that the navigation instructions are provided with the voice. To check the working of the voice, switch the voice power on the Nuvi and click on the tool icon. From here, go to the settings in the tool menu and click on the language option.
- Select the language that you want to use. Click on the other voices that you want to use. Now return to the home screen and add the destination address in the place. And check if you are able to hear the sound or not.
- If this even doesn’t work, then update the Garmin Nuvi as well again. The steps are the same as given above to update the Garmin Nuvi with a web updater.
- If even after updating, you are not able to get the sounds working well, then you have to reset the Garmin Nuvi. When you reset the Garmin Nuvi, then you will restore the Nuvi to the factory configurations. This will delete all of your saved and favorite locations and waypoints that are added by you.
- To do this, first, switch off the Nuvi and unplug it from the power source. On the bottom right corner of the device, hold the finger and at the same time press the power on button as well. This will ask you to erase all of the data with the device. Choose the yes option and this will reset the device. In some time the device will get restarted and sound will be restored to the device.
These all steps will help you to restore the Garmin sound back to the device, in case if these even do not work then you might contact the Garmin customer support for the help. You can get immediate support from them regarding the Garmin Nuvi updates and many more problems.