Garmin Nuvi is a device that provides the users with the best interface and best of services for navigation. As the Garmin Nuvi is a touch screen device, but the device loses its sensitivity sometimes for the touch screen. The screen might stop responding due to the calibration that it loses.
- This happens generally when the device has been used for the longer time period or the user is making a hard touch with the screen.
- Also, some other reasons for the problematic touch screen are the dirt, smudges, and improper care of the device.
- In case if the device is not performing well, then you by downloading the Garmin Nuvi GPS updates, you can get the proper functioning of the device
Here is what you can do if the Touch Screen of the Nuvi device is not working:
- Start with calibrating the screen. This will make sure that the screen is working properly. With the calibration, it is made sure the settings are reset and the screen is repositioned for the optimal screen performance. This will not be deleting any of the saved settings with the device. Here is the procedure for the screen calibration:
- Start with the switching on the device
- Click on the settings icon in the field provided
- Click on the display option
- Click on recalibrate option
- A new screen will be displayed in and will ask to press the DOT
- Touch the dots accurately where they appear on. The dots will be constantly changing the locations one after other
- Click on Ok when the calibration is done.
This will now recalibrate the whole screen. Even if now the screen is not working properly, then you can use the following steps:
- With the help of a USB cable, connect the Garmin Nuvi to the computer device.
- Click on the file explorer or my computer (windows users) to locate the Garmin Nuvi drive. Mac users can find the Garmin drive in the finder.
- Click on the Garmin folder now
- Search for the file named GUPDATE.GCD and delete it from the computer and device.
- Disconnect the Nuvi device from the computer
- Turn off the Nuvi device and press and hold the power button for 1-2 minutes.
- With this, the calibrate option will get displayed on the screen
- Now release the power button and again go for the calibration test
- Update the software– In case if the screen is still unresponsive, then you have to update the device and the firmware of the device. By downloading the latest updates, you can solve the problem with the touch screen of the device. Make sure that you connect the device to the computer with a USB cable. The autoplay option will appear on the screen and by clicking on the arrow button the My Garmin agent page will be downloaded on its own. From here, you can easily update the Garmin Nuvi software easily by just following the commands.
- Cleaning– In some cases, the Garmin device gets damaged because of the dust, the damage is basically to the touch screen as it is sensitive to the dirt and decreases the sensitivity of the device. If this is the case, then only cleaning could help in the functioning of the device. To clean the device, use a soft clean, lint-free cloth that can improvise the performance of the device. You can also use the lens or glass cleaner for the cleaning purpose. Make sure that the liquid is applied to the cloth first before applying on the touchscreen.
Once you are done with all these things, you would be probably able to get the problem resolved. Here are some tips that you can follow to enhance the performance of the screen. If your screen is exposed to the extreme conditions or water, then there is a possibility that the hardware is damaged and in that condition, you have to contact the Garmin for the repairs. Also, do not try to repair the device on your own as this could worsen the problem further. Also, it is a good practice that you avoid the wear and tear of the device. It is a good practice that you take care of your device. Read the device manual for the maintenance and storage of the information on the device.