Garmin is a renowned name that is known for providing navigational and GPS services to the users. The Garmin devices come with a lot of things. Among all such devices Garmin Nuvi is the line of GPS that provides the users with a unique PIN. The personal identification number for the anti-theft system is designed to keep unwanted persons away from the vehicle and prevent them from stealing.
- Also, it is a good practice that Garmin Nuvi updates are installed from time to time to improvise the working efficiency of the device.
- The Pin of Garmin Nuvi is designed in such a way that it keeps the device safe and protected.
- Here are some of the things that one must take care with the PIN of Garmin Nuvi.
Important tips of Garmin PIN
- The PIN should be kept to a number that is a bit difficult to identify as most people keep it as some easy combination. Date of birth, combinations like 0000, phone number digits, etc should be avoided as these are known to other persons as well easily and can be cracked easily
- Make sure that you keep on changing the PIN for security reasons. By changing PIN from time to time, you can enhance the security of the device.
If you have been looking for how you can reset the Garmin Nuvi updates, then here is a step by step procedure that can help you to reset the PIN:
- Start with switching on the Garmin Nuvi GPS. Now, enter the PIN in the device in case if you remember it. If this is not the case, then you have to raise the GPS antenna.
- With this, a user can easily generate a signal of a satellite and track the location of security that has been programmed inside the system while it was launched initially.
- Push the setting button and then click on the system menu.
- Click on the restore button. One can find the restore button easily as it is present on the bottom bar of the system menu. Click on OK when asked to confirm the selection.
- Choose the Garmin lock option from the screen after the system has been rebooted. By pressing Ok, you can confirm the selection made
- Now you have to enter the new PIN. Confirm the PIN selected and make sure that the Pin you are entering on the second time must match with the entry of the first time entered PIN value.
- If the PIN doesn’t match, then the process will not move forward and you have to re-enter the PIN again and confirm the PIN. After confirmation of the PIN, click on the Yes button that asks you to make the newly entered PIN as your PIN from now onwards
- Next, you have to simply reset the location of security by clicking on when the prompt appears on the screen. Go to the location of security that you wish you to store it inside the memory by clicking in the Set button. Now with this, the new PIN becomes set for the Garmin Nuvi device
Garmin Nuvi is a device that requires more safety and security so that there is no stealing of the information and no misuse of the devices. This is why it is important that you keep on resetting the Pin of the Nuvi device. If you ever face difficulty while updating your PIN in your Garmin device, then you can easily contact the support team. The dedicated support team is always available to assist all its users globally. THANKYOU FOR VISITING TECH BOOLEAN