Before the Siri and Google maps, Garmin updates devices were used for the GPS navigation services. Garmin is a well known name that provides GPS services since 1989. Differing from the Siri and Google maps, it has to have the map of the current list to be effective. Also, it is to be noted down that the map updates are needed to be regularly installed on a Garmin device so that you can always have the correct and latest map information.
- Sometimes users can face problems with the Garmin updates and the software cannot work them efficiently.
- In this article, one can easily get to know about the Garmin express update procedure.
Why to install the Garmin updates?
To install the Garmin updates on the device, it is important that the official website is used for updating the Garmin. Here are some of the benefits of the Garmin updates:
- With the map updates, various software are updated along with.
- With the purchase of the device, you can get the free or discounted price for downloading the software.
- By updating the map software, you can get the latest routes and the updated map of the country.
How to install the Garmin express updates?
Garmin Express is a software that is used for updating the maps and the software of the device through the downloaded and installed latest versions on the device. The Garmin express updates are released at regular intervals during the whole year.
With the help of the Garmin express updates, one can easily get the following done on their devices:
- Map updates: This will provide the changes and updates that are done on the roads and the locations on the map using the navigation device. The updates may take some time as the files are large in size but will always provide the latest changes in the roads and the routes and will make your traveling and commuting easier.
- Software updates: The software updates will make changes in the operating system and its files. This can be downloaded in a smaller fraction of time as these files are generally small in size. After the update of the software, the Garmin express may alert you to reboot the device.
Here are the steps for the Garmin express updates on your device:
- The first and foremost step is to install the Garmin Express on your device.
- After the Garmin express is successfully installed, configure the software and do the on screen instructions for the login of the account.
- Connect your device with your computer.
- Launch the Garmin express on the device.
- And in the end, click on the option of beginning updates.
Let us get started with the Garmin updates on the device:
- Connect the device to the computer– Before you start with updating the Garmin updates, make sure that your device is connected to the computer. For this, start with removing the device from the vehicle and make sure that the device is powered on. Now with a USB cable, connect the desktop or laptop with the Garmin device. When the device is completely connected, then you can sign into the Garmin account and start working with the update process.
- Install the Garmin express– Now you have to go on the official website of the Garmin express. Click in the download Garmin express for the appropriate windows or the mac system.
- Get access to the purchase made– Now this is the time to install the updates with Garmin. Before you start with installing the updates, make sure that the internet connection is strong and working properly. Now click on the option of add device and search for the GPS.
- Now search for any of the available updates while the device is connected. These updates come free with the device or are required to be bought. If you haven’t made the purchase, then purchase the updates for the lifetime.
- Disconnect the device– Now this the step, where you have to disconnect the device once the installation is done completely.
One can make use of the hard copy or the disc format for the online downloads. If you are choosing for the hard disc update, then for this, you have to attach the Garmin to the computer and the hard disc for syncing the device.