Printers have become the basics required for most of the purposes. Canon printers are highly reputed printer brands available to the users. Setting up the canon printers is quite easy and one can operate them easily.
- These printers can be connected to the wifi and the wireless network and can make your work more easy and efficient.
- The wifi connectivity helps to make them work when they are in the range of the wifi.
- Here is the complete article that will help you to connect canon wireless printer to wifi
How to connect canon printer to wifi?
Well, this is the most important task when we consider after making the purchase of the canon printers. Follow the steps given below to link the canon printer with the wireless network:
- Make sure that you have properly plugged in the printer and the printer is having access to the Internet with the help of the Ethernet cable.
- The next thing is the verification of the printer that comprises the software that will be installed. When the printer is purchased, the user is provided with the CD and the printer.
This CD will be required to install the software app and one should take care of the following points:
- The latest models of the printers do not ask for the CD installations. If you are using the printer with some old version, then you may require the CD installation services for them.
- You need to do is just insert the CD and then follow the onscreen instructions. If you are using an Apple device, then you may need a card reader using which you will be able to install the necessary software.
- Make sure that the Canon Printer has been connected with an active internet connection and this involves using the LCD panel if you have to choose the wifi network and the password.
- You can get the detailed guide of instructions online as well. check this thoroughly before the wifi setup.
- Make sure that the computer system that you are using and the printer both are connected to a similar network. You can receive the instructions for the wireless printer from your computer.
So, if you have been looking for the answer to your question like how to connect my printer to wifi, here is the complete solution.
How do i connect my canon printer to wifi
Before starting the connection, there are a few prerequisites which are given below:
- There must be a push-button of WPS with the router, this can be located with the help of the user guide of the router device that you have been using.
- In case if there is no push button of WPS, then you have to follow the instructions as per the standard connection settings.
- The next criteria are that the network should have access to the protocol of WPA2 security.
So, if you fulfill both these two requirements, then here are the steps:
- Make sure that the Canon printer has been connected to the power supply properly
- There will be a wifi button on the router and that will be generally located on the top of it. Press the button.
- Now make sure the blue light is flashed in the lamp and then in a few minutes, push the WPS button
- The user manual will have the proper instructions for fetching the proper information when accessing the WPS option.
- There will be a lamp in which blue light will start to flash on the printer.
- When the connection gets completed successfully set up between the printer and the wireless network, then power and the wifi lights will stop blinking and will become stable.
Following the above steps, you will be able to easily connect canon printer via wifi.
While you are attempting to connect canon printer via wifi, there would be some network configurations that you need to require during the setup. So make the network configurations as:
- Start the printer.
- Then load the paper rim into it
- Now keep on pressing the cancel or the resume button until you find the alarm light flashing. Make sure that it flashes a minimum of 10-12 times and then you can release the button.
- Next will be the page of network information that is to be printed.
- This will complete the process of WPS configuration.
- Now the next step includes installing the printer software in the system.
- If you have got no CD for the installation, then, in that case, you may download this from the official page of PIXMA.
- Next, make the WPS wireless configurations as the standard specifications
Follow the steps given below to connect canon wireless printer to wifi
- Turn on the power button of the printer
- Click button that is made for setting and then presses the arrow button to the next side. Select the option of device settings and click OK
- Press on the arrow button unless you see the LAN settings. Press OK.
- Press the arrow buttons and Until you have seen the option of the wireless LAN settings and click on OK
- After doing this, the printer will search for the available wifi networks available in the region.
- In case if the searching takes a long time, then you can press Stop and then click on the wireless LAN set up, standard setup.
- Click on the OK button
- Press the arrow button until you select the wifi network and then finally click on OK.
- In the next step, enter the wifi credentials like the wifi name and passwords and this is required to be done only for one time. Press OK
- Again press ok once if you see the connection on the screen.
In case if you are facing some trouble in the steps to connect printer to wifi canon, then you may contact the customer support or the canon technical support and get the best help from them.
- They will provide you the required assistance for the set up of the wifi and solution for the trouble connecting canon printer to wifi.
- So do not worry about any of your problems and get your problems solved by the technicians at the technical support.
- With a highly experienced and trained team, they will solve most of your issues in the minimum possible time.
If you have any further questions related to connect canon printer to wifi, you can drop them an email as well.